Killarney Lakeside Golf Club is seeking a Sous Chef for the 2019 golf season and beyond.
This is a permanent seasonal position from the beginning of March to the end of December, with a possibility of year round employment.
Working collaboratively with the General Manager the candidate will enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation.
The Sous Chef will primarily cook, but also direct the kitchen staff through training and leadership.
- Cook on the line for our members and guests
- Create daily food specials, create dishes for future addition to the menu
- Create and delegate prep lists, cook soups and sauces, prepare meats, vegetables, starches, eggs and seafood and dessert.
- Develop and implement standardized recipes and specifications.
- Ensure all kitchen staff are aware of standards and expectations, and being consistently adhered to on a daily basis
- Train, lead and develop cooks and kitchen helpers
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions at daily check in’s and monthly meetings
- Ensure quality, freshness and appropriate par levels of food products are maintained, manage food production, rotation, labeling and storage
- Help develop the kitchen for better functionality, which includes presenting options for equipment upgrades
- Journeyman’s Red Seal (required)
- 3 years’ experience in full service restaurants/hotels/clubs (breakfast, lunch, dinner and banquet experience required)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management position
- Golf course experience will be considered an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume to General Manager Chris Brown.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary:$950 / week plus gratuities with a potential for bonuses if expectations are met. Golf privileges and pro shop discounts included.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls.