We are currently accepting applications for full and part-time staff for the 2020 season. Every employee has golf priveledges along with food and proshop discounts.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is March 1, 2020. No phone calls.
Killarney Lakeside Golf Club is seeking a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction. The job is a ten month position starting March 1st, with a possibility of year round employment. Golf privileges and staff discounts included. Wage is negotiable.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food menus
- Produce high-quality plates both design and taste-wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
- 2 years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with the industry’s best practices
Servers have a dynamic roll in the overall experience of our Guests. A Server greets and serves the guest in a gracious and professional manner while in accordance with standards of quality, presentation and sanitation.
- Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
- Distributes menus and seats members/guests
- Provides immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating.
- Answers questions and suggests menu items maintaining knowledge of daily specials.
- Turns orders into the kitchen and explains any special cooking instructions with accurate abbreviations.
- Serves meals according to service techniques.
- Follows up with guests/members to ensure satisfaction and makes a recommendation for additions.
- Accurately operates the point of sale (POS) and performs cash reconciliation.
- Removes soiled dishes and maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards of all work areas..
- Advises manager of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs opening and closing duties as well as work as assigned by the manager.
- Studies all menu items and is able to explain dishes to members and guests upon request.
Must be available for all shifts including weekends and holidays.
Follow daily procedures as directed by the Superintendent.
- Able to start at 6:00 am
- Tee Area Cleanups (Garbage Bins & Ball Washers)
- Rough Cutting
- Fairway Cutting
- Green Cutting
- Tee, apron, collar and bunker Maintenance
- Maintaining equipment logs in an organized fashion
- Doing general maintenance on equipment
- Any tasks day-to-day that you’re asked of
- Have a wide range of golf course experience, or is willing to learn
- Farming/Farm Equipment experience is considered an asset
- Have leadership qualities
- Be a team player
- Have a positive attitude
- Mechanically inclined